Telehealth: Best practices and key learnings
Express Healthcare & AHPI Webinar | Date: Friday, 15 May, 2020 | Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM IST - 60 Min
At a time, when social distancing is among the major measures used to fight the COVID-19 pandemic, telehealth has been augmented as a key technology for safe and efficient communications and consultations. It is said to help in mitigating risk by minimising the number of face-to-face interactions.
Moreover, the WHO recently mentioned Telehealth among essential services in “strengthening the Health Systems Response to COVID-19” policy. According to this new policy, within the optimising service delivery action, telemedicine should be one of the alternative models for clinical services and clinical decision support.
In the same light, India too stepped-up telehealth as soon as the pandemic hit us. The response has been impressive. Many telehealth providers have already begun to face a tsunami of demand, which may be better described as global real-time piloting and go live. However, there are some barriers that need to overcome.
Express Healthcare’s next webinar focusses on Telehealth: Best practices and key learnings. The discussions in this educative session will delve into understanding how providers can effectively utilise telehealth services to stay connected to their existing patients and reach out to those who are in need of health services. It will also look at regulatory aspects, new guidelines that have come up and how providers can sustain this activity post-COVID.
Watch the Experts talk about:
- Telemedicine: An enabler of Health Care Access & Affordability
- Special relevance in India and especially with the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic scenario
- Regulatory compliances related to Tele-health. What is the law that regulates this mode of medical practice in India
- Medico-legal concerns of Tele-medicine practice by doctors/hospitals
- National Guidelines
- Dr. H S Chhabra, ISIC (Indian Spinal Injuries Centre) @isiconline
- Dr. Promod Kohli, Dean Medical Education and Medicolegal Consultant, Nayati Medicity, Mathura
- Viveka Roychowdhury, Editor, Express Healthcare, Express Pharma, Express Diagnostics and Express Radiology