The three-day virtual conference themed on, “Post-COVID Healthcare World – The New Beginning”, it ill also have the Healthcare Excellence Awards and a Health Tech Innovation Bootcamp
The 14th edition of FICCI’s annual healthcare conference – FICCI HEAL 2020 will be held virtually from September 29- October 1 2020 on the theme, “Post-COVID Healthcare World – The New Beginning” and will be inaugurated by Shri M Venkaiah Naidu, Hon’ble Vice President of India,
It will cover the entire spectrum of healthcare, from public health, care delivery, pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, medical devices, integration of traditional medicine as well as digital health.
Speaking on the event, Dr Alok Roy, Chair, FICCI Health Services Committee and Chairman, Medica Group of Hospitals said, “COVID-19 has highlighted the underlying inadequacies in our healthcare systems, specifically concerning an effective response to a pandemic. At the same time, it has opened up a plethora of opportunities for transforming our healthcare ecosystem to be future-ready. This calls for strengthening of stakeholder collaborations, rethinking of processes and policies, and adopting a more patient-centric as well as community-centric approach for healthcare delivery and we believe FICCI HEAL 2020 will provide a perfect platform for that.”
Adding to this, Dr Harsh Mahajan, Co-Chair, FICCI Health Services Committee & Founder & Chief Radiologist, Mahajan Imaging said, “FICCI HEAL 2020 is an endeavour to bring together all the relevant stakeholders to share their experiences and deliberate on the solutions and reforms for post-COVID healthcare. The conference would be a conglomeration of CEOs, policymakers, national and international leaders from healthcare and allied industries.”
The three-day long event will have many insightful business sessions on topics like Digital Revolution: Going Viral!; Changing landscape of Pharma Industry; Realising Atmanirbhar Bharat through Make in India; Diagnostics- Pandemic & Beyond; Best Practices for Management of COVID-19; Home Healthcare; How the World will prepare for Post-COVID etc. Gautam Khanna, Co-Chair, FICCI Health services Committee and CEO, P D Hinduja Hospital is also supporting the programme development, along with Dr Harsh Mahajan and Dr Alok Roy.
The Scientific Sessions will bring together top clinical experts from India and around the world to share the latest data, experiences, exciting developments, and best research findings in the ongoing battle against COVID-19.
Some of the sessions are- Private Healthcare at the forefront of battle with COVID-19: From Strategy to Frontline Trenches; COVID-19: Spectrum of clinical syndromes, complications; Therapies for COVID-19: Current therapies and their effectiveness; and more. Dr Arati Verma, Sr Vice President – Medical Quality, Max Healthcare and Dr N Subramanian, Co-Chair, FICCI Health Services Committee and Director, Medical Services & Sr. Consultant- Urology, Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals are convening the Scientific Sessions.
Continuing the long legacy of recognising the best practices in the industry, FICCI is also organising the 12th edition of the ‘Healthcare Excellence Awards’, on September 29, 2020 from 11:30 am to 12:15 pm on the Virtual Platform. The eminent Jury will be chaired by C K Mishra, Former Secretary, MoEFCC and MoHFW, GoI and the Awards Ceremony will be moderated by Dr Narottam Puri, Advisor, FICCI Health Services Committee; Former Chairman- NABH; Advisor-Medical Operations & Chairman- Fortis Medical Council, Fortis Healthcare.
This year in the backdrop of the COVID pandemic and to recognise the courage of healthcare workers, specific categories have been introduced. These categories are designed to recognise the efforts of the industry in ensuring the delivery of quality healthcare to the patients. Dr Y P Bhatia, Managing Director, Astron Hospital & Healthcare Consultants and Dr Ravi Gaur, Director & Chairman- Medical Strategy & Advisory Board, Oncquest Laboratories are the Chair and Co-Chair for the Awards. The awards are supported by Astron Healthcare and global consulting firm Ernst and Young LLB are the official tabulators
FICCI, in partnership with Boston Consulting Group, has also undertaken a study to layout the contours of the Open Digital Health Ecosystem as envisioned in the National Digital Health Mission (NDHM) announced by the honorable Prime Minister Shree Narendra Modi on 15 August 2020. This report titled, “Ushering in the Digital Era for Healthcare Delivery in India”, will be released during the inaugural session of the Conference.
In addition, FICCI is also organising a Health Tech Innovation Bootcamp on Day 2 of the conference that intends to bridge the existing gap between Indian Innovators and other key industry stakeholders by facilitating potential partnerships among them. The Bootcamp will be moderated by Sashi Kumar, Co-Chair, FICCI Medical Devices Committee; Managing Director, Phoenix Medical Systems and Shyam Vasudev Rao, Co-Chair, FICCI Medical Devices Committee; Founder & Director, Forus Health & Renalyx health systems.
FICCI HEAL 2020 will be graced by esteemed Government and industry stalwarts like –
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Hon’ble Union Minister for Health & Family Welfare, Government of India *
- Dr V K Paul, Member (Health), NITI Aayog, Government of India
- Dr Scot Atlas, Advisor-White House Coronavirus Task Force; Robert Wesson Senior Fellow in Scientific Philosophy and Public Policy at Stanford University
- Prof Richard C Horton FRCP FMedSci,Editor-in-Chief, The Lancet
- Prof Arvind Panagariya, Prof of Economics & Jagdish Bhagwati Prof- Indian Political Economy, Columbia University
- Prof Ashish Jha, Dean- Global Strategy, K.T. Li Professor of Global Health; Director, Harvard Global Health Institute
- Rajesh Bhushan, Secretary, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India
- Dr Guruprasad Mohapatra, Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade*
- Dr P D Vaghela, Secretary, Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilisers, GoI*
- Dr Indu Bhushan, CEO, National Health Authority, Government of India
- Dr Tedros A Ghebreyesus, Director General, World Health Organisation*
- K K Shailaja, Minister for Health, Social Justice and Woman and Child Development, State of Kerala*
- T V Mohandas Pai, Adviser, FICCI Skills Committee & Chairman, Manipal Global Education*
- Dr Mahesh Verma, Head- COVID-19 Advisory Body to Delhi Government and Vice-Chancellor of Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
- Kieran Murphy, Global CEO, GE Healthcare
- Jan Herzhoff, President- Global Health Markets, Elsevier
- Dr Kiran Mazumdar Shaw, Chairperson & MD, Biocon*
- Dr Sangita Reddy, President, FICCI and Joint MD, Apollo Hospitals Enterprise
- (Hony) Brig Dr Arvind Lal, Advisor- FICCI Health Services Committee and Executive Chairman, Dr Lal PathLabs
- Dr Ashutosh Raghuvanshi, MD & CEO, Fortis Healthcare
- Narendra Varde, General Manager & Country Head, Abbott Diagnostics
- Dr G S K Velu, Chairman & Managing Director, Trivitron Healthcare
- Vishal Dembla, Chief Business Officer, ConnectedLife Health