Synapsica, DeepTek, 5C Network, Cancer Moonshot, ORBO AI and Predible have been shortlisted for developing solutions for some of the toughest healthcare challenges
GE Healthcare recently announced the First Cohort of their first startup collaboration programme on the Edison platform, Edison[X] – Startups powered by GE Healthcare’. Six startups- Synapsica, DeepTek, 5C Network, Cancer Moonshot, ORBO AI and Predible have been shortlisted for developing solutions on the Edison platform for some of the toughest healthcare challenges existing today. The applications received were screened through a three-stage process and the shortlisted entries were evaluated based on the strength of the business idea/plan, maturity and the closeness to productise their solution, team capabilities and relevance to defined focus areas among others. Edison[X] – Startups powered by GE Healthcare is providing a zero-equity cash-in-grant of $10000 to each of the selected startups. In addition, they will have access to mentorship, skill development programmes, commercial and regulatory guidance, and data provision as additional benefits.
GE Healthcare unveiled Edison[X] – Startups powered by GE Healthcare’ in August this year with a focus on nurturing the startup ecosystem and working with them to create healthcare solutions leveraging the Edison platform and decades of GE Healthcare’s expertise. Startups will collaborate with GE Healthcare to arrive at solutions that improve patient outcomes and experience, efficiency of clinical practice and that of the healthcare facilities, reduce waste and inefficiencies, and eliminate costly and harmful errors.
Details of the six startups:
- Synapsica is a platform that uses AI, computer vision and data analytics to save reporting time for radiologists. Their product Spindle detects and characterises degenerative diseases of the spine in MRI scans, providing automated vertebra labelling, central canal diameter, listhesis, disc heights and vertebral fractures at all levels with high accuracy.
- DeepTek will use in-house innovated ‘assisted and augmented’ (AaA) imaging focussed algorithmic tools designed by experts and covering a wide sphere of medical imaging like radiographs, CT scan and MRI.
- 5C Network is solving the fundamental problem of lack of access to specialists for quality diagnosis, especially in non-urban areas. 5C Network aims to make quality radio-diagnosis accessible anywhere within an hour.
- Cancer Moonshot is a cancer care AI software to conquer cancer using precision oncology software decisions by blending artificial intelligence and oncologist intelligence for better outcomes.
- ORBO AI is a computer vision research startup that brings AI automation and superior visual enhancement stack to the edge-based applications. Orbo fixes video quality issues with its edge-based super-resolution tech built using artificial intelligence.
- Predible is catering to a large patient population facing respiratory conditions and the company aims to enable precision diagnostics for pulmonologists through their LungIQ platform. LungIQ uses AI to generate accurate insights of disease from CT scans, covering pathologies such as early cancer, chronic obstructive lung diseases and interstitial lung disease.