Once lockdown is lifted, services will be available for metros, other cities too
Focussing on preventive healthcare, Thyrocare becomes the first Indian diagnostic private laboratory to provide COVID testing in Mumbai. In the initial phase, Thyrocare has started the test in Mumbai. Once lockdown is lifted, we will make our services available for metros and other cities too.
Though we are serving at the door steps of patients in city of Mumbai, we are more keen to explore the B2B model by partnering with local hospitals in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Thane, Pune and Nashik.
Dr A Velumani, Chairman and Managing Director, Thyrocare Technologies said, “ Thyrocare wishes to keep it affordable, reach to the bottom of the pyramid and produce significant impact in the nation’s fight against #COVID. Partnering with local hospitals is the best way to disseminate this solution countrywide.”
Some of the key points to notice:
- COVID testing as now available only in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Thane.
- From April 1, 2020 it would be in Pune and Nashik.
- Once lockdown is lifted it would be available in all air connected cities.
- Sample is throat or nasal swab and not blood.
- It is priced as of now at Rs 4500 and it would go down after lockdown.
- Swab collection needs training and care and personnel are trained for home service.
- It takes six hours to report once the sample reaches the laboratory.
- Dedicated mail ID for is [email protected] and WhatsApp Number : 9321414230